Mug omelets are one of my favorite fast & easy breakfasts!
They only take a few minutes to prepare and you have a healthy breakfast ready to go.
I’ve included eight of my favorite variations to help you bring some variety into your meal prep 🙂
- Coconut oil or other oil
- 2 eggs
- Veggies, meats, cheese, seasonings and other added ingredients
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grease a coffee mug with coconut or other oil to keep eggs from sticking.
Crack eggs into coffee mug and whisk with a fork to break up the egg yolk.
Add in extra ingredients (see ideas below).
Season with salt and pepper to taste
Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Cook for the first minute then check every 30 seconds until eggs are cooked through and no longer runny.
- Denver – 1/4 chopped green peper, 1 tbsp chopped onion, sliced piece of ham, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- Spinach & Feta – 1/4 cup spinach, 1 tsp crumbled feta cheese
- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese – 1 crumbled piece of cooked bacon, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- Mexican – 1/4 chopped tomato, 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, 1 tsp Mexican or Taco Seasoning – after cooking top with salsa or guacamole
- Very Veggie – 1/4 cup chopped broccoli, 1/4 chopped pepper, 1/4 chopped tomato, 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- Pizza – 5 slices of nitrate-free turkey pepporoni, 1 tsp shredded mozarella, 1 tsp pizza seasoning (or use 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp basil)
- Greek – 1/4 cup spinach, 1 tsp chopped red onion, 1/4 chopped tomato, 1 tbsp feta, 1 tbsp chopped black olives
- Chicken Fajita – 1 oz chopped cooked chicken, 1/4 chopped red pepper, 1 tsp onion, 1 tsp shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tsp fajita seasoning