Fat loss goes way beyond just diet and exercise.
While these two areas are important there are many other lifestyle factors that come into play.
Below are the top 8 questions to ask yourself to gauge where you’re at and what you may need to work on to get faster fat loss results.
By slowly implementing these various aspects of fat loss, overtime you’ll be on your way to a fitter, leaner, more confident you!
Do you have to do them all at once?
Absolutely not! Take it slow.
One step at a time!
Here we go…
#1. Am I Committed To Something Purposeful?
- Do I have goals(s) for my health and fitness?
- Do I reassess my goals weekly to see if I’m on/off track?
- Do I have a bigger WHY for my health and fitness?
#2. Am I Training Consistently?
- Am I consistently getting in at least 3 strength workouts per week?
- Am I getting in an additional 1-2 interval or cardio workouts per week (or combining these with my strength workout)?
- Am I adjusting & progressing my workouts as I go (changing the movements, changing the weights, increasing the challenge)?
#3. Do I Move Daily?
- Am I doing activities outside the gym I enjoy like walking, biking, dancing, or yoga?
- Do I get up and move regularly?
- Do I get at least 10,000 steps per day?
#4. Am I On Track With Nutrition?
- Am I focusing on building at least one new nutrition habit each month instead of trying to do everything at once?
- Am I putting together balanced meals that contain fat, protein, carbs, and veggies?
- Am I getting in at least 1/2 my bodyweight in ounces of water?
- Am I using supplements to fill the gaps?
#5. How’s My Sleep?
- Am I getting an average 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night?
- Do I have a nighttime ritual before bed to unwind?
- Am I turning off electronics (or using blue blocking glasses) an hour before bed?
#6. Am I Taking Time for Self-Care?
- Am I spending at least 5 minutes a day foam rolling or stretching?
- Do I spend at least 10 minutes of personal quiet time each day just for me (to meditate, journal, deep breathe, be grateful, visualize…) to manage stress?
#7. Am I Connected & Getting Support?
- Do I connect with others who support my fitness journey and weight loss goals?
#8. Am I Developing A Positive Mindset?
- Am I being self-compassionate and focusing on making progress and not being perfect?
- Do I take time weekly to celebrate my successes and reflect on what’s working/not working so I can adjust accordingly?
- Am I cutting the negative voices…or at least putting earplugs around them?
Did one of these really speak to you? Share in a comment below!